Help & instructions
- It’s advised to set the Advanced > Post Count per page not higher than the default of 10. Not all users have a big screen like you.
- If you change the background, try to use a dark one. This theme looks best on dark.
- Try to keep Info > Description short. HTML is disabled to keep the design minimal. If you want to write more stuff about yourself, you can go to Pages > Add a page..
- Not all browsers are fully supported and in some older ones, things might even break.
- Tumblr video posts don’t have a thumbnail.
- HTML and widgets are disabled in the footer description to keep it small.
- Disqus or other 3rd party things are not supported. If you want to add it, you’ll need to custom code it yourself. Some HTML/CSS knowledge is required.
You can customize your theme by changing some of the default settings.
- Background color/image: Look the best in dark.
- Text/Link color: Make sure it has a strong contrast against the background.
- MultiColor TextBars: If turned on, the text bars get colored.
- Show Notes: Displays likes and rebloggs.
- Link to Archive/Random: Adds a link in the footer bar.
- Show Theme Credits: Adds “Theme by simurai” in the footer bar.
- Install Streampad: Adds an audio player for all your audio posts.
How do I add a link to the footer?
The most often question I get asked is how to add an external link that appears in the navigation in the footer. I know, it’s not really obvious, so I hope this helps: Go to Customize > Pages > Add a page. In the new window that pops up, you have to switch the Page type to “Redirect” and make sure the Show a link to this page is clicked. Below a screenshot with Twitter as example.